Register to sell at our events
1. Stallholders must provide their own tables and display equipment, gazebos are provided where requested.
2. Stallholders must hold their own public liability insurance, covering a minimum of £1m and provide proof of said insurance at least 1 month prior to the date of the event, it does not need to be valid until the date of the event but we do require proof that by the event date you will have insurance in place.
3. We do not provide exclusivity in selling opportunities, however we will inform you if we think another trader will be selling similar items in order for you to choose how best to proceed as we do not wish the market to become flooded with the same products, this is bad for you and for the market as a whole.
4. Booking forms, insurance documents and payment must reach the markets committee 1 month before the event date at the latest, otherwise we cannot guarantee the pitch (each pitch is reserved on a first come, first reserved basis). If payment isn’t received one month in advance of the event the pitch you will be reminded of the deadline and given a chance to pay if after 24hrs you haven’t paid, then the pitch will be released to give others the opportunity to book.
5. Please note that, in the interest of fairness, attending previous markets does not guarantee you a space at the next, applications will be processed in the order that they are received. We only have a limited number of gazebos that we can provide and the same goes for stall space for those providing their own gazebos.
6. We will cover the TENS licenses for events but if you are selling alcohol you must have the necessary license to do so.
7. Food and Drinks traders must hold a “Score on the Door” certification of 3 of above and display this clearly on their stall.
Market Rules 2022
- Stall holders will be informed in advance of the market which gate they should enter on arrival to the Gaol and allocated a time slot. You will be required to unload as quickly as possible and then remove their vehicle from site.
If you miss your time slot you may be asked to park up where possible (legally/not blocking the highway) until such a time as there is adequate space for you to enter the stall area you have been allocated. If you arrive after 9.30am you may not be permitted to enter the site in a vehicle if it is deemed unsafe to do so.
- Litter – exhibitors are responsible for keeping their pitch free of litter and expected to take their litter home with them at the end of the day, failure to do so and repeat offended may lead to your invitation to exhibit with us rescinded for future events.
- Attendance is at the stall holders own risk and the Ruthin Artisan Markets CIC committee accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage, how so ever caused.
- The Ruthin Artisan Markets committee reserves the right to refuse admission, or to ask any stall to be removed.
- All traders / exhibitors must ensure that goods / exhibits do not contain illegal content (including copyright infringement) or material that may be construed as offensive in its content or dangerous items. If you are found to have any of these items for sale or on offer for pre-order you will be asked to remove them and you may be asked to leave, these items put our markets at risk of cancellation.
- All equipment, goods, display stands etc. must remain within the designated pitch area.
- Each stall may only be occupied by the named society / stallholder at all times.
- All marquees, tents or other self-build structures should be of sound construction including all supporting poles, guy ropes, anchors etc. and all guy ropes or fixing stays shall be clearly marked to ensure that they do not present a trip hazard, unsuitable or unsafe structures maybe required to be removed.
- Risk assessment and insurance documents must be available on the day of the market to the markets committee if required.
- It is highly advisable to have hand sanitiser available at your stand.
- If you are displaying any symptoms of Covid please do not attend.
- If an event does go ahead for any reason you will be fully refunded or offered credit for a future event.
- Deposits are non-refundable unless your cancellation is due to Covid related issues for which we will ask for proof of your diagnosis.
- If you choose not to turn up on the day of an event you will not be refunded.
- In the interest of fairness no one is guaranteed a certain space or spot unless related to access to services (e.g. if access to power (when available) is required or to be near to the utilities due to health, etc.).
- Treat the market stall, gaol staff and each other with the utmost respect, if there is anyone who is found to being rude or aggressive towards someone else they (and the person directed at) may be asked to leave, they will be able to carry their stock out by hand, no vehicles allowed onsite (unless for serving) while the market is open and driving on the site will not be allowed until the market is closed.
- As a matter of public safety no vehicles are allowed to be driven on to or off the property while the market is in operation.
- A portaloo may be provided at events these are for our traders and their helpers only, we ask that you do not offer use of these facilities to the general public and instead direct them to the public toilets (in the carpark of Cae Ddol Carpark across the road from the Gaol or on Market St past Costa).